Monday, October 20, 2014

Make Your Own Projects With Rockwell Bladerunner X2 and Sonicrafter F30 (Review & Giveaway)


Rockwell is celebrating Halloween with the launch of the new Rockwell BladeRunner X2 
and Sonicrafter F30; a warp speed oscillating tool that's great for tackling all kinds of DIY 
projects, including carving pumpkins and making signs.
I was sent both of these awesome tools to create my own Halloween decor.  There is so much you can do with these!  After much contemplation, I decided to make this fabulous outdoor sign.  
 
 I started with a board, orange & black wood safe paint, and wood glue.  Then, I free-hand drew the letters on the board.  Stencils probably would have been better but I wanted a spooky look.


 Next, I set up the BladeRunner X2 and was ready to cut out the letters.  It was easy to set up and took very little time.  The letters took a little while to cut because of all the curves.  It was really fun to do though!  I used the bottom half of my board for the sign base and a small strip for a stake.


I laid everything out and painted them.  When they were dry, I painted the insides of the letters and glued everything with wood glue.  I have a decal machine so I made the zombies and skull out of vinyl to set it off.


Then, I placed it in front of my porch to greet all my guests.  I think if I can use power tools to make a sign like this, anyone can!  I would definitely recommend Rockwell tools to anyone who wants to make their own projects.  Check them out on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
More Info... 

Rockwell Sonicrafter F30
Before buying another oscillating tool check out Rockwell's new Sonicrafter F30.  This tool is fast, real fast – up to twice as fast as competing brands -- with an industry-breaking oscillating angle of 4°. 

 The 3.5 amp F30 and 4 amp F50 oscillating tools work harder, too. In fact, they can absorb 30 and 35 lbs. of force, respectively, before stalling out, while competitors drop out at 22 lbs. or less. 


The new Sonicrafter F30 is leaner, with a more tapered body.  Plus, it’s equipped with true Universal Fit to accept other brand's accessories without compromise. Hyperlock™ locks down accessories with one metric ton of force to eliminate blade slippage during cuts. 

The Rockwell Sonicrafter Sonicrafter F30 (RK5131K, $119) is available at Lowes or other select major retailers.  A hard case is included and features separate bulk storage areas for quick and easy access to the tool’s accessories. 

Rockwell BladeRunner X2

One of the most popular benchtop table saws to ever hit the market was the Rockwell® BladeRunner™ – the saw that cuts nearly everything, including wood, PVC, plastic, aluminum and ceramic tile, using standard T-shank jigsaw blades.  Now Rockwell has introduced its newest saw, the BladeRunner X2.

BladeRunner X2 accommodates longer and wider workpieces for ripping and crosscutting.  The new blade guard assembly also incorporates a splitter, which helps
keep straight cuts on track.  This saw has a lower profile of 6 ¾ in. high and weighs less than 15 lbs.

What distinguishes BladeRunner X2 from other benchtop saws is its blade.  Instead of a saw blade, it uses standard 4 in., T-shanked jigsaw blades, which are widely available through hardware stores and home centers. 

The innovative 3000 spm saw is powered by a 5.5-amp motor.  The saw’s cutting capacity is 1 ½ in. in wood; 1 ¼ in. in PVC; 3/8 in. in aluminum and ceramic tile, and  1/8 in. in mild steel. 

BladeRunner’s X2 base is impact resistant and constructed for durability.  It’s supported by four, non-marring rubber feet.  The body of the saw features dedicated miter gauge and rip fence storage.  

 
Giveaway:
 One lucky winner will receive their choice of
(1) Rockwell BladeRunner X2 or (1) Rockwell Sonicrafter F30.  To enter, just fill out the Rafflecopter form below.  Open to U.S. Only.  Thank you for entering and good luck!


a Rafflecopter giveaway


Disclosure:  I was provided free products for promotional purposes and not compensated in any other way.  My thoughts are my own.

9 comments :

  1. I like the Rockwell BladeRunner X2 since I am in the middle of tearing down walls in my home to insulate and don;t own a lot of tools. This would help me out with cutting moldings and much more. Thank you for the chance to win Rita, really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bladerunner, we always are doing house projects and this would help out so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have the Rockwell BladeRunner X2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would choose the BladeRunner X2 from the choices in giveaway By RockWell. Oh, your right..you can just go nuts with lots of things to make with that great tool. I'd start with making me a wooden board piece in the shape of our State "Tennessee" then I do my freehand painting on it with a simple mountain landscape scenery, and then cut out small iris flowers from a thinner wood and glue those on the other boards front. They are our states flower. Then I'd cut our Last Name in small wooden letters and add that in the center of the bigger wood state shape, glue that on as well and hang that on our porch rail to be viewed. Thank you for such an exciting giveaway item. Very different and fun!! I loved your project results! That seriously looks good enough to make those and you could sell them to make extra money. Haunted Halloween places in your town etc. would most likely buy them to use year after year. New fan to you, and will for sure sub to your newsletter so I don't miss a thing as you post more #DIY's. This is right up my alley in interest if it's wood project related. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bladerunner and I would love to make a Christmas Sign

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to make a wooden sign for my brothers new dorm room, he just went off to Texas to attend college.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could really use this to cut the trim I am replacing in every room of our home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like the blade runner portable table top saw. We used to make wood crafts for our yard all the time and I would love to be able to do that again.

    ReplyDelete