Saturday, May 24, 2014

Enter to Win Lots of Prizes in the Good Cook Build Your Kitchen Drawer Sweepstakes


Get ready for the Good Cook Kitchen Drawer Sweepstakes!  It starts June 2 and runs through June 14.  
The first part is a 5-day Facebook giveaway and runs June 2-7.
Like Good Cook on Facebook to enter to win lots of prizes and take advantage of discounts that will be available, including 25% off EVERYTHING!
Start thinking about about what items you'd like to have in your kitchen drawer.
Build your ideal Kitchen Drawer filled with great Good Cook tools and gadgets. Visit the Good Cook website and choose up to 15 items from selected Good Cook products to create your ideal kitchen drawer then enter to win everything you selected. If you can’t decide what you want, you can let our Kitchen Experts help - simply choose one of our featured Kitchen Expert Blogger drawers and enter it for a chance to win.  Just look for the "Add Me!" icon below to add an item to your drawer.


There will be instant winners as well!  Every drawer entered has a chance to win an instant prize, and participants can submit a new drawer every day for a chance to win.


I received these five Good Cook items to try out and created one of my favorite comfort food recipes with a few of these products.  I whipped up a pot of my Ultimate Creamy Baked Potato Soup.


Recipe:


Ingredients:


10 (fist size) potatoes

1 quart half & half

3 c. milk

1/3 c. flour

1 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 tsp. pepper 

1/8 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt

  Bacon bits or bacon pieces (optional)

  Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Poke potatoes all over and microwave for 14 minutes, turning over after 7 minutes.  While they are cooking, melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat.  Add flour and whisk in half & half, milk, and last 4 ingredients. Bring to boil.  Remove skins from potatoes and chunk them slightly with a fork.  Add to pot.  Soup will thicken as it cools.  Top with desired amount of bacon and cheese.  This recipe serves 8.
Here's a little more info about the items I received.  They make great items to add to your drawer!
 
SMART Ice Cream Scoop:  This scoop is heavy duty and works great!  No more fighting with hard ice cream.  I even used it to scoop the baked potatoes out of their skins!  It worked like a charm!




Flip Measuring Spoon:  This has a teaspoon and a tablespoon on it.  After you fill one end, just flip it over and push the other side to pop it out.  It doesn't leave anything behind!



Pot Clip Holder: This works great to prevent messes on the counter or stove.  It clips on the pan and you just leave your spoon right in the pot!


Safe-Cut Can Opener:  This is four can and bottle openers in one!  It has your basic twist and open can opener, a pop top opener, a grip-twist wrench, and a pull tab lifter.  They all work perfectly.  I can de-clutter my counter from my junk electric can opener now.

Egg Separator:  I get tired of breaking eggshells in half and flipping them back and forth to get the yolks separate from the whites.  With this product, I no longer have to worry about that.  It works perfectly and saves me the trouble.

 

 





The clock is ticking!  So keep an eye on it and be ready for when you can enter your drawer!  Check back soon to see what I have in my drawer!  Make sure you watch the
Good Cook Facebook page for updates and giveaways.




Disclosure:  I was provided free products for review purposes.  My thoughts are my own.


1 comment :

  1. MMM! I love baked potatoes!! I practically ate them the whole time I was pregnant with my second child! I will have to try this soup!

    ReplyDelete