Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Make your own jewelry with Project DIY

 
 
We know you love looking great without breaking the bank. We get it. Project DIY is here to help you do just that. Every month you'll receive the materials to make 2 to 3 original accessory pieces that you'll love to make as much as you'll love to wear. Are you ready to transform their trims into runway trends?

 
My Review:
 
I recently had the chance to review the October Project DIY collection.  It was based on Punk influences and contained three jewelry kits for me to make.  There were a Luxe Punk Collar Necklace, an Oversized Chain Pin, & a Spike Tassel Pendant kit included.



My kit also came with a starter kit.  This includes Needle Nose Plier, Wire Cutter, Chain Nose Plier, Jump Ring Opener, Assorted Clasps, Earring Hooks, Jump Rings, and Chain Extenders.  Right now, this is free with your first month's subscription!  It used to be a separate charge.  It came in very handy while I was making my jewelry so I was glad I had it.
 



The first piece I made was the Spike Tassel Pendant.  Everything came in it's own little box that I needed.  Everything except instructions, that is.  I had to go online to get directions on how to make all of the jewelry.  They were all simple step-by-step directions with pictures but I would prefer to have a printed off sheet in front of me. 
 
The necklace was fairly easy to make.  Even though it is not something I would normally wear, my daughter went crazy for it!  She wears it everywhere and has asked me to make more for her friends because they love it.

 
Next, I made the Luxe Punk Collar since it would take some time for the glue to dry.  Even though it looks tedious to make, it was very simple.



It turned out gorgeous and once again, my daughter stole it.  I will be wearing this one on occasion as well.
 

 
While the glue was drying, I made the Oversized Chain pin.  This one was very easy to make as well.

 
My daughter is wearing this on a vest and it looks great.  She first tried putting it on a shirt but the pin is so big, it left big holes in it.
 
Overall, I would definitely recommend Project DIY to anyone who likes to make their own jewelry.  It would make a great gift idea as well.  It costs $30.00 a month and shipping is included.  Check out the website or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram.
 
Disclosure:  I was provided free products for review purposes and not compensated in any other way.  My thoughts are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment