Friday, March 9, 2012

SodaStream Review & Giveaway


I recently had the opportunity to review a SodaStream Home Soda Maker.  I have been wanting to try this for awhile but I was afraid to invest the money in it and then have it sit on the counter like so many of my "bright ideas" do.  I was completely thrilled when I received my package. 


It included the SodaStream Jet model Soda Maker, 8 full sized flavors, 3 Mywater flavor Essence, 6 sample flavors, carbonator, & a carbonating bottle.


I received...
Ginger Ale Sparkling Natural 25.4 fl. oz. (25 servings)
Black Currant & Pear Sparkling Natural 25.4 fl. oz (25 servings)
Root Beer 16.9 fl. oz (50 servings)
Cola Free 16.9 fl. oz (50 servings)
Cranberry-Raspberry 16.9 fl. oz (50 servings)
Green Tea Pomegranate Peach 16.9 fl. oz (50 servings)
Diet Lemon-Lime 16.9 fl. oz (50 servings)
Diet Pink Grapefruit 16.9 fl. oz (50 servings)
Orange Mywater Flavor 1.35 fl. oz. (20 servings) 
Raspberry Mywater Flavor 1.35 fl. oz. (20 servings)
Lemon-Lime Mywater Flavor 1.35 fl. oz. (20 servings)
Energy sample 1.7 fl. oz.
Diet Pink Grapefruit sample 1.7 fl. oz
Lemon-Lime sample 1.7 fl. oz.
Orange sample 1.7 fl. oz.
Diet Cola sample 1.7 fl. oz.
Root Beer sample 1.7 fl. oz.


The soda maker was so easy to set up.  The instructions were simple to read and understand.  I basically just had to take it out of the packaging, screw in the carbonator, & I was ready to make soda!  I filled the one Liter carbonating bottle to marked line with water, screwed it in to the maker, & pushed 3 times on top.


After it made a loud noise, I unscrewed it and added the flavoring.  TADA!  In less than 30 seconds I made my own soda. 


It is so easy to use, my kids have been making soda themselves non-stop.  I am happy to allow them to have caffeine free soda and this machine makes it even cheaper.  My husband & myself only drink pop and nothing else.  We live on Mtn. Dew and SodaStream makes a similar flavor called Fountain Mist that I needed to try.  So, I went to Meijer & bought a bottle. It tastes like Diet Mtn Dew.  We can save alot by using SodaStream.  There will be no more lugging in cases of pop every week & storing them.  There won't be a ton of cans to smash and recycle.  There are so many flavors available to try.  My favorite so far is Ginger Ale.  It is absolutely delicious.  I thought the Orange & Root Beer flavors tasted like diet because they have a little aftertaste but my kids love them.  I just realized the flavors are made with Splenda.  All of the flavors I received are ok but I'm going to buy other flavors.  My kids love all of them so I will continue to buy what they like as well.  Overall, I really like this product because of the money we will save.  One 16.9 fl. oz. bottle of flavor makes 12 liters of soda.  They retail for $4.99 each.   That sure beats buying soda in the stores. 

Giveaway:

SodaStream has generously sponsored a giveaway for 1 U.S. winner to receive the following:

Fountain Jet Soda Lover's Start-Up Kit ($99.95) http://www.sodastreamusa.com/Fountain-Jet-Soda-Starter-Kit-P184.aspx. It includes:

- Fountain Jet – winner’s choice of color (black/silver, red/silver or white)

- 1 carbonating bottle, reusable for up to 3 years

- Reusable carbonator to fizz up to 60L of soda

- Variety 6-pack of popular sample-size flavors

- 3 full-sized flavors of the winner’s choice

To enter, just fill out the Rafflecopter form below.  All entries will be verified so no cheating!  Thank you for entering & good luck! 




a Rafflecopter giveaway


Disclosure:  I was provided a free product for review purposes.  I was not compensated in any other way.  My thoughts are my own.

77 comments :

  1. This looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb so I really want to try their Dr. Pete flavor to see how it compares! It could save me a lot of money if I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I most wanna try the cola to see if it tastes like coke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try Cream Soda!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Energy one is the one I want! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cream soda and Dr. Pete please! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cream soda and orange pineapple

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our family has been wanting to try one of these. My husband would be psyched if I could win him one for his birthday in a couple weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try the cream soda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Orange soda so I really want to try Orange but I also want to try Dr. Pete and Cherry Cola. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try the root beer & anything diet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try root beer with my granddaughters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to try cola or root beer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cola or black cherry!

    Thank you!

    Sylv_r89@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to try diet cream soda or diet Dr. Pete, but all of them sound like they'd taste great! Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'd like to try the sparkling naturals orange pineapple

    ReplyDelete
  17. Id like to try the cream soda for my kids and husband and dr pete for myself

    ReplyDelete
  18. Black Currant & Pear Sparkling Natural sounds like something I would like to try

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to try the cream soda! thanks for this great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Want to try the naturally sweetened cola!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think Cranberry Raspberry and Root Beer are the ones I wanna try most:0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love the cream soda. Thank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to try the Diet Root Beer.
    Thanks so much
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd like to try orange mango.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have no recycle program in our county for aluminum, so I would love to win this one! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to try cream soda or root beer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would like to try the cream soda.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to try orange sample

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cherry Cola flavor

    Email: starseeds88 (at) yahoo dot com
    THANKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. The root beer

    longshaw4735@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want to try the Cream Soda.
    jodysis at windstream dot net

    ReplyDelete
  32. I want to try the diet coke-We spend so much money on pop. This would be wonderful.
    Diane Baum
    esldiane@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. My kids favorite is rootbeer :O)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'd most like to try Dr. Pete. Gaye M; rustysrambles(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd like to try Root Beer the most! FB Lynn Bee

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love to try the Root Beer!

    ptavernie at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I want to try the Diet Fountain Mist most.

    Lisa Garner

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm subscribed to your emails with lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

    Lisa Garner

    ReplyDelete
  39. Root Beer & Cream Soda!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Diet I would like to try the Green Tea Pomegranate Peach

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cherry cola, lemon/lime, rootbeer

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would like the diet or ginger ale but I know my kids would love the root beer!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ginger Ale and Cherry Cola (Corey Olomon)(olomon@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm a Cola kind of person! But I would also like to try the cream soda!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'd love to try ginger ale or cream soda.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dr. Pete. I was just looking at these in Target last week. I am really considering purchasing one for my hubby, but I would much rather win one!

    ReplyDelete
  47. -I'm Subscribed to You with this Email: aliaskys (at) yahoo dot com

    THANKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete